ART DIRECTOR / LEAD GRAPHIC DESIGNER
HICKIES is seeking an Art Director / Lead graphic designer to be a leader and active participant of an in-house creative team. The hire will develop strategic, contextual visual communications while maintaining brand continuity. Attention to detail and immaculate formatting are essential.
The candidate will ideally have over 5 years design experience and a solid background in graphic design and brand development.
We would like the candidate to help develop and continue our brands visual language and implement that language in all the points of contact that our brand has with the outside and inside world. From presentations to website and app design to printed marketing material. We will need someone with the ability to execute a wide scope of design work and in a variety of applications.
The ideal candidate will have a keen design sensibility with special attention to typography and outstanding conceptual ability in pairing design and messaging. We like clean, neat, and simple design that can communicate more with less. We are looking for a talent that can mix opposites like elegance & tidiness with boldness & unexpected and make it work beautifully in a simple and comprehensive way.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional expertise and mastery in the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects and basic knowledge in IMovie, web design technologies such as HTML and CSS and photography.
The offered position is located in Brooklyn, New York and is an in house full time job.
- Work under supervision of Marketing Director on independent graphic design projects.
- Full brand development for different brands and product lines.
- Update web design
- Add design to internal and external presentations
- Design social media assets
- Art Direction on photo shoots
- Create visual guidelines for different vendors and partners
- App design
- Packaging and Point of sale design
- Graphic design for digital and printed marketing material
- Develop, modify or acquire the images used in projects, with a strong competency for retouching and adjusting images in Photoshop
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising design, graphic design, digital design or related fields
- Minimum of five (5) years design experience
- Clean design aesthetic with strong knowledge of design and typography
- Highly organized with immaculate attention to formatting detail and aesthetics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Exceptional expertise and mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CS5 and After Effects.
- A basic understanding of IMovie and photography
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
In addition, the ideal candidate will excel in the following areas:
- Explaining a complex story across a series in a simple, clear, and consistent way
- Self motivating to provide top quality, intuitive and on-target concepts
- Effectively communicating ideas and respectfully critique those of their peers
- Demonstrating a record and commitment to maintaining and updating technological skills
- Illustrating exceptional conceptual thought processes and visual style